After School Program Manager
Everyone Equals Morristown Community Center (E=MC2) is seeking a part-time (20 hours a week) manager for the drop-in after school program (XYZ – Xtreme Youth Zone) for youth ages 12+ that happens on site M-F from 2:45 – 5:30pm. The manager will be responsible for opening/closing operations, maintaining the coordination, implementation, and administration of the program. S/he will provide a safe, nurturing, and well-supervised after school program; be the liaison with parents, collaborators, community partners, volunteers, and visitors to display the site and the program positively. This position is responsible for planning and development of the creative environment, and preparing needed materials and supplies. A program manager’s ability to establish authority through leadership, communication, and most importantly patience, will be required in giving the teens the stability and nurturing atmosphere they need to succeed.
- BA/BS preferred, AA required in Education, Human Services, Social Work or a related field.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- S/he must possess strong computer skills, have the ability to track data and produce reports.
- Possess excellent communication, supervisory, administrative, and fiscal management skills.
- At least 1 year of experience working with youth in a classroom, after-school program or recreation environment.
- Implementation and successful delivery of XYZ after school program.
- Responsible for immediately reporting and documenting any and all injuries or incidents utilizing established E=MC2 procedures for any necessary notification to parents and E=MC2 administration.
- Maintain cleanliness in all program areas; including the upkeep of the equipment and facility in an acceptable manner and the set-up and breakdown during the program day to contribute to ongoing efforts to keep the site orderly.
- Communicates with E=MC2 administration, staff, parents, and local school administration on a regular basis regarding any program activities.
- Design a site program schedule/calendar that aligns with local school calendars.
- Develop rapport and build relationships with staff, volunteers, youth and local members of the community.
- Manages monthly, or as needed, the site calendar completion, supplies list, binder set-up, enrollment rosters, and emergency contact information.
- Works with collaborative partners and other providers to implement programs that reinforce program success.
- Ability to clearly convey messages regarding organizational policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to recognize potential issues and apply established E=MC2 procedures and problem solving methods as needed.
- Ability to observe staff and member behavior, assess its appropriateness and apply the appropriate behavior management technique, positive redirection, or corrective action as necessary in order to support positive behavior choices.
- Assists in marketing of program for growth and retention.
- Supervise, train, mentor, coach, and manage all staff, youth and volunteers in the program at the site.
- Ability to work with, develop, lead, mentor, and supervise youth ages 12+ in small and large groups.
- Awareness of and adherence to site budget.
- Maintain comprehensive youth and volunteer records and produce reports as needed.
- Demonstrate reliability and punctuality by arriving on-time for scheduled shift and completing supervisory responsibilities in a timely and thorough manner.
Check out our Facebook page – @everyoneequalsmorristowncommunitycenter
Does this sound like something you’d want to be a part of? Come and join our team! Email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com .
Interested in volunteering?
Tell us your story and we will be in touch!